Address: P.O. Box 922 Charles Town, WV 25414
My goal is to write articles for magazines, newsletters, and blogs, discussing anything literary related.
Blogging: I’ve been blogging since 2011. The majority of my posts involve book reviews, author interviews, and writing tips. October 2015 through New Years Day, I was a coupon blogger for The Journal newspaper. Every week I gave tips on saving money during the holidays. I also shared interviews with extreme couponists on the company’s website.
Computer: I am very skilled with computer software and can type 60 words per minute. I am proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint. I also know HTML.
Proofreading: Since 2011, I have been a critique partner and beta-reader for other writers. I can read and edit fast, pointing out how rough drafts can be fixed through a reader’s perspective. My favorite genres are horror, mystery, suspense, thrillers, and women’s fiction.
Single Copy Clerk, The Journal March 2007-Present
- Accurately maintain a database containing information for product returns for several counties throughout the state.
- Generate and review spreadsheets in order to track inventory.
- Answer phone calls, process Classified Ads, and create daily deposits.
Math Tutor, LVEP Program September 2013-January 2015
- Taught students the principles of math, including fractions, decimals, algebra, geometry, and calculus.
- Trained students in preparation for taking a GED test.
Creative Writing Instructor, Berkeley County’s A.C.E. Program January 2012-January 2015
- Created lesson plans for a 10 week course.
- Graded student assignments and suggested improvements to their writing style.
- Lectured students on story elements and writing techniques.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, West Virginia University, August 2000 to December 2004